Art isn't just mere decoration. It's a statement.
Whether you're having friends over for dinner,
showing your in laws your new house
or hosting a special event, one thing is for sure:
the secret of feeling that you've got it together?
is to have a reminder, a statement that is a true representation of who you are.
Sure, you’ve managed to get your furniture neatly organized.
You’ve got some plants in the corner.
And maybe even a welcome mat at your door.
But there’s just one little problem:
Home decor alone isn’t reflective of your success.
Success you’ve worked so hard to attain.
Success that doesn’t just define your career.
But who you are.
And while that poster you bought at Ikea is not a crime
It represents the you-in-training
Not the one who has arrived.
So why not try something different?
Something that is unique?
Something that is completely you
Why not commission your own piece of artwork?
You can own a one of a kind, tailored to your needs piece of artwork that is not only stunning, but is a true reflection of you.
- 15-minute complimentary phone consult (or Skype session) - so we can determine if this is a good idea
- one hour kick off meeting - where we can talk and I take notes to make sure I completely understand who you are as a person before I get to work. I don't want to paint just any portrait. I want to paint your custom portrait and that requires knowing who you are.
- a separate photography section - to make sure I capture different glimpses of your personality and can bring it all together for your painting.
- the full aesthetics plan - where you can look at sketches and studies for your portrait painting and talk about the process. Because this isn't supposed to be a hassle. It's supposed to be a pleasurable experience for you.
- pictures of the entire process - so you can get a sneak peek at the behind the scenes and be fully aware of what's going on with your artwork.
"I had already seen some of Flávia’s works and really liked them. Having a painting of myself was something I had been considering for a while and so I decided to commission a portrait. I had some doubts and worries about the process and how would be the final product, but in the end it was a nice surprise. I enjoyed the colours and the details of the portrait and I’m really thinking about commissioning another one. It’s different to have a painting at home, instead of only having photos. A painting has a life of its own, it has a filter of the artist’s eyes, the work of her hands. Undoubtedly, I recommend Flavia to my friends and anyone who is interested in having a unique piece of art made exclusively for you!" Marluce, Belo Horizonte/MG - Brazil
"When I commissioned my painting, I didn’t have any fear or worries about what my portrait would be like…. I’d seen some of Flavia’s before and I was sure she’d do a delightful work! She´s talented! In fact I was really anxious to see the result! I had never had a photo turned into a portrait before! When I first saw my painting I was impressed by the way she captured my expressions and put them on paper so clearly, so real!!! I loved it! My favourite part of the painting was undoubtedly my smile!! It was really me…and looking at the portrait, specially my smile, I was transported to the past, to the moment the photo was taken! What an experience!" Nara, Buenos Aires - Argentina
"I wasn't concerned or worried about anything. I was curious to see what Flavia Bernardes would do. And because she's a talented artist, I trusted her. I loved my painting! I liked not only the skillfully painted portrait but also the concept of the painting." Ana, Belo Horizonte/MG - Brazil
"I had seen some of Flavia's work at the K-Fest Festival, her blog and social media (Facebook and Instagram) and I was not really worried about the outcome....actually I was really excited about it. I loved my painting!!! Especially the cat (Banker Cat🐱)!!! Just kidding!!! I loved that the picture looked like me!!! I've had some people do my drawing in NY and I didn't recognized myself on the drawing!!! I would say that Flavia is a great artist and recommend to check her Facebook and Instagram pages. I love the details of her work and specially how she captures people's body expressions. There are 2 of her paintings that stood out for me: a senior couple holding hands walking on the beach and the one that she painted herself that I have now!!" Jessica, New York - USA
What's the investment?
- Costs vary and are dependant on the type of commission, size and medium used. Below is a rough guide to my prices for acrylics and watercolor paintings. These prices exclude travel, framing and other extras and are to be taken as a guideline only. For a no-strings-attached individual quote please contact me.
- Watercolor painting:
- Pricing begins at €300 for an 8" x 10" but actual pricing will depend on the complexity of the subjects involved
- Acrylic on Stretched Canvas:
- Pricing begins at €700 for a 12" x 12" but actual pricing will depend on the complexity of the subjects involved
Can I pay in my own currency?
- My prices are in euros, but you'll be charged in your own currency once you finish payment. Your credit card or PayPal statement will show your purchase in your own currency.
How are payments processed?
- Payments are securely processed via Shopify Payments or Paypal. You can choose to pay with your credit card or your Paypal account.
Can I pay in installments?
I don't offer payment plans at this time, but you can find more affordable alternatives amongst the original artworks and prints on my shop. Once you decide to move forward with your commission, a contract will be drawn and a 50% non-refundable fee is required before starting your painting.
Do you offer discounts?
I don't offer discounts, out of respect to my collectors who paid full price. But I do offer other options at different price points. Please check my original artworks and prints.
What size will my painting be?
I work with different sizes of canvas and paper and do my best to accommodate every commission. Contact me for a quote.
What materials do you use?
I offer custom paintings in watercolor on paper and acrylic on stretched canvas.
What if I hate the sketches you come up with?
Once you commission a painting, you are required to sign a contract and a 50% non-refundable deposit is due to make your booking official. When your start date arrives, I will send a pencil sketch shortly and you have 48 hours to respond to the pencil sketch with up to 2 edits or an approval for the next step. Please notice that additional edits are €50 each.
Will I get to express my opinion?
Your input is appreciated, but you also need to trust the artist and the process. Please make sure to check my other paintings to see if they match your style and taste, before commissioning a painting.
Will this cost extra money?
While it doesn't cost extra money to express your opinion, please notice that you can have up to 2 edits once you receive the pencil sketch. Additional edits are €50 each.
How long does it take to complete a commission?
- It takes roughly 4 weeks from start to finish.
What if I live in a different country?
I provide international shipping options.
Will it come with a frame?
I don't offer framing options at this time, due to restrictions
Once the commission is done how long will it take you to ship it?
- Once your painting is finished and it's all dried, I'll send you a confirmation email and ship it in 1 - 3 business days.
How much does it cost to ship it?
- There's a flat shipping rate of €20 for this offer.
How is my artwork going to be shipped?
- All artwork is wrapped in paper, padded extremely well, and sent in a well-fitting sturdy cardboard box.
- Most artwork will ship via AnPost Ireland and most packages arrive within 1-2 days (domestic) from
timeof shipping (includes tracking & insurance). International shipments will be sent via AnPost Ireland or other carrier. International buyers, please note that shipping charges may vary from the amount you pay at checkout. Please email me with questions or to get an estimate.
Average Delivery Times
- Please note that these are estimates. Actual delivery time time varies depending on each country postal system.
- Ireland: Next Working Day (Allow 3-5 Working Days to Northern Ireland)
- Great Britain: 3 - 5 Working Days
- Europe: 3 - 5 Working Days
- North and Central America: 6 - 9 Working Days
- South America: 8 - 11 Working Days
- Asia: 4 - 7 Working Days
- Australia and New Zealand: 6 - 9 Working Days
Tracking & Delivery
- All orders will be shipped with the Irish Registered Post (AnPost).
- Once your order has shipped, you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information so you can prepare for its arrival.
- You can also enter the tracking number provided in your shipping confirmation email here.
- If multiple works have been purchased in one order they will be packaged individually.
- When viewing the tracking for purchases of more than one artwork the information will read as 1 of 2, 2 of 2 etc. and all works purchased will be trackable under one tracking number.
- Shipping times and shipping rates may depend on the location of the shipment address and the size of the item(s) being shipped.
- If you are purchasing from outside Ireland there may be customs fees. The carrier will contact you directly about any additional customs fees. All applicable customs fees are paid by the customer upon delivery.
Can I return the painting if I don't like it?
- Every order, commission, and sale
ishandled with extreme care and as much clarity and transparency as possible. My goal is for you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. For that reason, all sales are final except in certain situations. Please take the time to read descriptions carefully and to check colors on multiple screens if you are concerned about minor share variations. I try my best to represent the colors and tones in my work completely honestly and clearly.